Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Bad Habits

Oasis

You can call food my "emotional oasis"
It seems that when I find myself in a desert place or what seems like it may get there
I run to the pit and perch my lips to the bliss which I believe will fill my emptiness
Even if it had no taste I would embrace it
My emotions right now I cannot face it
So I draw near to this habitual sin that calls me throughout the day and night
Captured by its scent I don't take flight
I have the control to eat what I like but I can't control this urge as I eat all that I like

Wish I did have the strength to fight
As I indulge myself
What's not so encouraging now, was encouraging then
Because now I don't look the same way I looked then
So I get depressed again knowing I'm trapped and will soon go back to then
And I think to myself "when"?

When will things change, when will I take control over my habits
At this point I think I've had it
But I think about food sometimes and wish I had it
Especially in times that helps me fill my habit
Those times when I feel as though a part of me has been stolen by a bandit

Maybe I over dramatized this poem but this issue is important
Cause there are girls and boys, men and women who find strength in what feels their stomach

As our bellies grow bigger, our esteem grows thinner, our control grows distant, and our wall gets thicker.

No comments:

Post a Comment