One day while with my mom, she called me out on a habit that I perform quite often. I walk with my head down. She told me this approximately 2 years ago. And I concurred fully aware that I don't really give people eye contact when I pass them on the streets. Upon other observations, I noticed it's easier for me to say hello to a female stranger than it is a guy; it's not that I am fearful of males , but maybe find myself more self conscious around them. But, gradually this habit is going away; every now and then I give people eye contact, but I think I definitely don't hold my head down as much. Personally, sometimes I think I do it because I'm thinking. If you know me well, you know that I think a lot.
So what's the point? I'm getting there. Being here in Cali I find myself smiling more. I wasn’t all smiles and joy getting use to the heat. Walking around in Pasadena some days feels like I'm sinning and too close to hell. JK. No but I find myself smiling more even if my days isn't going well. I am beginning to surprise myself because I am saying hello to people on the street. Isn't odd I find myself a bit more friendlier with people in an area which would be categorized as unsafe in some eyes. I found myself saying hello to men, not that I was attracted to any of them, but just being cordial.
But that fact is, I'm walking down the street just smiling for no reason at all. I'm not frowning unintentionally scaring people away from approaching me, but I am smiling with content in my heart and maybe just a bit more confidence. I know this sounds cheesy but I feel good, it's all quite refreshing. I think I becoming a new person everyday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment