Well this is the point that had to come as a part of my transformation into a new place. Although I'm loving California, learning the culture and the people, understanding the vibe, at the same time a part of me is ready to return home. I need some familiarity in my life. What I long for most is connectedness, to feel apart of something, to have a sense of community, to feel loved in the present and not from hundreds of miles away. Honestly I am getting frustrated trying to find a purpose, trying to find something to truly work toward besides getting my Masters. I feel like a dazed cartoon, with a bunch of questions hanging over my head, just waiting for that light bulb to blink. That's kind of funny. But of course I can't complain for the light bulb moments I've already had. For what God has already done in my life and how He is transforming me. I know I wrote in Fast Track how fast things were going and I still feel that way. It's like looking at a person with a power to run ridiculously fast, like Nathan Petreli or Daphne from Heroes. He or she could probably run from one place and back within a blink of an eye. It's like you're going fast but at times you feel like your standing still. I hope I'm making sense, I know my thoughts can be somewhat out there. But like I said I'm thankful for what God is doing.
This morning I woke up and got in the word and read 2 Corinthians. Can I say that I really like Paul, I mean he tells it like it is. As I was reading 2 Corinthians, it talked about going through light afflictions, which is the case for me and may be the case of others. While we are going through them we can get pretty upset in the now, for the things we are encountering. But the Word says these afflictions that are for just a moment, temporary are working for something far greater. These momentary are working for us yall, they are working for us. " While we do not look at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen. Or the things which are seen are temporary, but the things which are not seen are eternal." Right now I'm at a point where I feel there's a lot I don't see and a lot I don't understand and quite frankly I want to know. What I see is that I'm struggling. What I see is that I am getting a Masters but what am I working towards. If I focus on this I'm going to be going in circles for the three years of this program. What I need is to let God Work His Eternal. I'm putting this little minute affliction, this momentary affliction in God's hands saying, "God do your thang" cause I know something good is down the line. I have my faith and I'm going to keep believing something great will come so that by the end you will be glorified. Amen. So God work your Eternal.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment